pouncing
「pounce」是「猛撲」(突襲),例如:
We saw the tiger pouncing on the goat.(我們看見老虎向那隻山羊撲過去。)
My car was pounced all over.(我的車被砸得稀巴爛。)
The cat crept up on the rat and pounced.(那隻貓悄悄地爬近那隻老鼠,接著便猛撲過去。)
puzzled
「puzzle」是「困惑」,例如:
He went to the police station unhappy and puzzled.(他十分沮喪和困惑地到警察局。)
We tried to puzzle the matter out.(我們試圖把這些事情理出個頭緒。)
She is a genius at solving crossword puzzles.(她解答填字遊戲是天才型的。)
figure out
「figure」是「數字」,「figure out」是「計算出」,引申的意思是「理解、明白」,例如:
I can’t figure out why Adam quit his job.(我琢磨不透亞當為什麼要辭掉他的工作。)
They’ve never been able to figure her out.(他們一直不了解她。)
Alice had not yet figured out what she was going to do.(愛麗絲還沒有盤算好將來要做什麼。)
Have you figured out what is wrong with your car?(你找出你汽車哪兒不對勁了嗎?)