【生活美語】Asking for directions 問路

王暖智(美語教師) |2011.01.25
1088觀看次
字級



Tourist:Excuse me, can you help me I'm totally lost!

觀光客:抱歉,您可以幫我嗎?我完全迷路了!

Person:Sure, where would you like to go

路人:當然可以!您要去哪裡?

Tourist:I'd like to go to the art museum, but I can't find it. Is it far from here

觀光客:我要去美術館但我找不到地方,它離這裡遠嗎?

Person:No not really. It's only few blocks away from here. It takes about 5 minutes of walking distance.

路人:不會,它離這裡只有幾條街而已,只需要走約五分鐘的距離。

Tourist:Okay, can you give me the directions

觀光客:您可以指引我方向嗎?

Person:Yes. Go along this State street to the first traffic lights. Do you see them

路人:可以,繼續走這條街到第一個紅綠燈,您有看到嗎?

Tourist:Yes, it said Ocean street.

觀光客:有,是海洋街。

Person:Right, at the first traffic lights, you turn left into Ocean Street. Then you go straight on until you make a right turn on the second block and enter Valley Avenue. You will see the art museum on the right hand side.

路人: 對,在第一個紅綠燈左轉就是海洋街,再一直走到第二條街右轉到山谷大道,您將會看到在右手邊的美術館。

Tourist:Let me repeat it to you again. I make a left turn on Ocean Street, go straight on and then I make a right turn on the second block. The museum is on the right hand side of Valley Avenue. Correct

觀光客:讓我重複一次,我在海洋街左轉,直走後在第二條街右轉,美術館在山谷大道的右手邊,對嗎?

Person:Yes, that's correct.

路人:對,完全正確。

Tourist:Great! Thanks again for your help!

觀光客:太好了!再次感謝您的幫忙!

Vocabulary 單字

direction:方向

go straight on:直走

turn left / make a left turn:左轉

turn right / make a right turn:右轉

right hand side:右手邊

left hand side:左手邊

straight ahead:直向前

next to:旁邊

in front of:前面

熱門新聞
訂閱電子報
台北市 天氣預報   台灣一週天氣預報

《人間福報》是一份多元化的報紙,不單只有報導佛教新聞,乃以推動祥和社會、淨化人心為職志,以關懷人類福祉、追求世界和平為宗旨,堅持新聞的準度與速度、廣度與深度,關懷弱勢族群與公益;強調內容溫馨、健康、益智、環保,不八卦、不加料、不阿諛,希冀藉由優質的內涵,體貼大眾身心靈的需要、關懷地球永續經營、延續宇宙無窮慧命,是一份承擔社會責任的報紙。自許成為「社會的一道光明」的《人間福報》任重而道遠,在秉持創辦人星雲大師「傳播人間善因善緣」的理念之際,更將堅持為社會注入清流,讓福報的發行為人間帶來祥和歡喜,具體實現「人間有福報,福報滿人間」的目標。
人間福報社股份有限公司 統編:70470026

 
聯絡我們 隱私權條款

Copyright © 2000-2024 人間福報 www.merit-times.com.tw
All Rights Reserved.